Celebrating Small Business Saturday
Thursday, 2 December 2021 | Admin
Small Business Saturday is all about celebrating and supporting small businesses.
Small Business Saturday falls the weekend after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the busiest shopping days of the year. These American 'Shopping Days' are now well established here in the UK and are growing each year - but here at Secret Yarn Stash we prefer to offer you all year round deals that you wouldn't want to miss!
Secret Yarn Stash Gift
So instead of Black Friday deals, and Cyber Monday bargains, (which seem to be creeping in even earlier each year) we are doing things a little differently!
As a small business we strive to keep the prices low all year round, making us an affordable destination for all things yarn craft. We offer rewards points to customers, and we all know that points mean prizes... (well, money to spend in our shop!) And we like to think our personal touch makes us a favourable choice.
We appreciate each and every one of our customers and so as a thank you for choosing to shop small this holiday season, we will be giving away a surprise free gift with every order over the 'Small Business Saturday' weekend (3rd - 5th Dec incl.). There is no minimum spend required, but the value of the gift will go up with the value of the order!
Shopping Small this Christmas
We want to encourage you to shop small this Christmas by supporting small businesses and independent crafters. You could shop on Etsy or Folksy, try checking out a local craft event, or find an online community or social media group where you can find great handmade gifts for people this Christmas. Here's one to get you started: Handmade Craft Network UK
Here at Secret Yarn Stash we have also have a family of crafters who have a wealth of skills and we would love to share their businesses with you too (and you might just find that perfect Christmas gift right here!)
1. Cattywumpus Crafts based in Cornwall makes these gorgeous dragon scale gloves and more - check out her Instagram HERE
2. Fran is all about adding sparkle to crocheting with an array of glittery hooks and more - you can find them all in her Etsy shop HERE
3. Alice also likes to add glad to knitting and crochet with these handmade stitch markers - you can see the whole collection HERE
4. Annie is all about the PomPoms! She makes super fun accessories for you and your home - take a look HERE
5. Claire is also a PomPom maker, as well as other creative bits and bobs - be sure to check out what else she has to offer HERE
6. Natalie is an avid yarn crafter who recently teamed up with us to offer a blanket pattern kit - you can find all of her makes HERE
7. Lucy is another colourful yarn addict and has a lovely selection of Christmas accessories for you to take a look at HERE
But wait, there's more! (We told you we had a lot of awesome small businesses in the SYS community!)
8. Linzi describes herself as a colour loving maximalist - check out her Instagram to see for yourself what she means HERE
9. Elaine is co-owner of Home Cwtches that sells a variety of home decor items - you can take a look HERE
10. Elena sells beautiful mini mittens and stockings, perfect for little Christmas gifts - check them out HERE
11. Heidi crochets a whole range of lovely items including intricate Christmas cards - take a look HERE
12. Jaz crafts is the home of some really fun crochet gifts, including these posable crochet dolls that you can find HERE
13. Charlotte at Scrumpcrafting has a beautiful selection of makes and fun patterns to share HERE
14. Louisa (that's me, the other Louisa!) sells clay earrings, and for the avid yarn crafters, you'll find knitted jumpers HERE
And that's all for now! We hope you find some lovely gifts in there and don't forget, there's a surprise gift with every purchase from December 3rd to December 5th!