Pumpkin Patterns We Love
Wednesday, 22 September 2021 | Admin
It is that time of year again! With September drawing to a close, autumn is well and truly here and with it comes those gorgeous cosy warm colours and of course we all go a little pumpkin crazy! As a yarn crafter this is probably one of my favourite seasons as there are so many projects to create for the colder seasons and there's nothing more cosy than knitting or crocheting under a blanket of an evening!
So as we head into autumn, we thought we'd bring you some of our favourite pumpkin patterns. All of these patterns are FREE, and can be found by following the links below (some of them are available to purchase for a small cost if you want to download the pattern rather than scroll through the website page)
Pumpkin Patterns for all you Knitters!
1. This Sweet Pumpkin Knitted hat by The Knitting Space, is just adorable and would make a great gift for a little one this autumn. The hat comes in 5 different sizes and is available on the website to download.
2. This Pumpkin Knitted Jumper by Yarnspirations is super fun and another great knit for kids! It also comes in a range of sizes which can be preselected before you download the free pattern form their website.
3. The classic Farmhouse Style Pumpkin made by Handy Little Me is great for beginners as it's quick and fairly easy to do - so if you're just starting out, this is a great little project to kick off autumn with!
4. We are in love with these Knitted Velvet Pumpkins by Studio Knit! And we think this pattern would work beautifully with Yarnart Dolche Chunky Chenille - the question is, what colour would you go for?? We love the Claret Red, but maybe if you like pastels the Peach colour would be really lovely!
5. And finally for the knitted patterns, we've got the very handsome Cable Pumpkin by Sara Kiesel. I love how the cable pattern really gives the pumpkin a defined shape, and a beautiful texture!
Pumpkin Patterns for those Hooked on Crochet!
6. Whether you're trick or treating, or just want a lovely home decor item to keep your sweet treats in - this Crochet Pumpkin Treat Bowl by One Social Girl is fab! It's not the biggest, but just big enough for a few treat size bags!
7. If you're one to feel the cold, then you'll love this next crochet project! The Pumpkin Pocket Scarf by Hooked on Homemade Happiness is all about keeping your hands nice and cosy in the oversized (and very fun looking pumpkin pockets! What's not to love??
8. Here's a nice simple one for adding a little autumn flavour to your home. These Pumpkin Coasters by the Crafty Guild are just the thing you need to go with that nice hot chocolate!
9. Another classic pumpkin pattern next with a twist. These Country Bumpkin Pumpkins by Avery Lane Creations are just stunning in an array of different colours and some creative ideas for the stalks too! You can find all the details on the website with lots more colours too.
10. And finally for the crochet patterns, we have the cutest little Fox Pumpkins we've ever seen! This is a free pattern by the Winding Road Crochet and it comes in 2 different sizes. There are also other creature options in this fun mix of pumpkins!
And there we have it, our favourite pumpkin patterns both knitted and crocheted.
We'd love to know which your favourite is?
Come join us in our private Facebook group community and share your creations with us there, we can't wait to connect with you! --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/secretyarnstash